Friday, August 04, 2006

My Journey:Aug.4,2006:"Katrina Anniversary Party"

Just something thats been on my mind. The Recovery Center here in Pearlington is having a Big Reunion party for all the volunteers that have helped here. I know its something that they feel very proud about and they should.They deserve a party for the year they've been slaving and supporting us all.It's been a long and tiring year for everyone. Especially them. Fighting the mosquitos, the nats, the deer flies, the heat and humidity, Whewwwww!!! And I don't know what we'd do without them here. But I hope they understand some people don't feel like its a celebration. Maybe the people that have rebuilt or that are getting help rebuilding, but not everybody. Most of us here still don't have a pot to piss in or a door to throw it out of. We're, well I'm not, I'll speak for myself- not in a Party Mood...... The recovery center had our local newspaper at their reunion . The article was in Sundays newspaper. If you'd like to see it, go to: www.sunherald.com 8/27/06 it was in there. And it was also in the recovery centers blog. From what I read and the pictures I saw it went very well for them. God Bless them all !!!!!!!!!!!!! All of you have done a tremdous job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless................................................................

No comments: