Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Journey: Another day, made it thru the 29th.



Well the 29th. is finally over. Channel 4 news station here in New Orleans had a thing about ringing bells on the 29th. to help people get thru the day. Their web addy is www.wwltv.com if you'd like to read about it. They had celebrations yesterday to ring the bells. The schools and fire stations and the news were all selling them. I went to Slidell to a fire station and bought a few of them. They are pretty and sound real nice. They cost $3.00 each.I gave one each to Laurie, Larry, and Herbie at the Recovery center. I hope they rang them !! I rang mine a few times yesterday. I can't believe it's been a year now since the hurricane. It's been a long, long tiring year for me, and I'm sure thousands of other survivor's and volunteer's. God Bless them all. When you look around here you'd think it happened yesterday. Pearlington recovery center had their volunteer reunion. From what I read they say it turned out really good. It was in the local newspaper here. I'm really happy for them. I'm glad they had some time off to enjoy themselves. Lord knows they surely deserved it. If you'd like to read about it in the paper go to www.sunherald.com , it was in there Sunday. I have another site I think everyone should check out. A young woman named Kristin Dambrino had came here sometime after the hurricane with her dad, he is in the National Guard ( I think) but she was so effected by the sights she saw here, she wrote a song. It's called A Pearlington Prayer. Her web address is: www.kristiandambrino.com/media.html , it is a beautiful song. It makes me cry everytime I hear it. Well, I'll see you all again soon, God Bless...............................................................................

No comments: