Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Journey: Just another day: August10,2006

This is a bank vault! It was all that was left, Katrina took the rest.This is on Coleman Ave. in Waveland. Anyway I noticed in the Pearlington Blog that they are putting other families to adopt in there besides only people that have been volunteers here. They're finally putting older disabled people. Which I think is great. I wish I could work. I'd love to have a job and money to repair my trailer. I worked all my life, since I was 13 years old. Until 1995, when I hurt my back, I was 41 at the time, i had 2 back surgies, one in 1996 and one in 1998. I live in cronic pain everyday, and I have to take strong medications to be able to cope with everyday things. I have Glaucoma. I have Diabetes. I have High Blood Pressure. I have every disk in my neck messed up but the bottom one, and don't want surgery on it. I am in remission for my breast cancer which I had surgery , chemo, and radiation in 2002. And am still having trouble with that breast. And have to take a pill everyday for 5 years. In 2005 I had Carpol Tunnel surgery on my right hand, was suppost to get it on my left, but thanks to Katrina never did. What else??? I hope and pray nothing !! But no one at the recovery center has asked me about my disabilities. I guess cause I can get around, and I'm not 70 or 80 years old. It really used to make me mad. When I was going thru radiation, I was so burned that I couldn't even put my arm down. People would ask " How are you?" Well you look good. And the same thing when I was going thru chemo. Well you look good ! Looks are very deceiving, because you sure don't feel good inside. I wouldn't wish chemo on my worst enemy. Or the pain that I live in every day. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I'd like people to know and understand how I feel. I've been in pain every day of my life since March 25, 1995, and it gets old, and really sucks..................... ............................................................................................ I read in the paper today that the man in Diamondhead died. The man that his wife poured the boiling grease on him. He died last Friday. That is really sad. They still haven't found her. Now she's wanted for murder....Update: she turned herself in ...................................................
There was also a big article about the anniversary of Katrina. It said its going to effect alot of people. And if you need somebody to talk to they're going to have hotlines open for people to talk to someone. It said especially don't be alone on that day. Go to a professional if you need to. Like a shrink !!! I think most of us need more than a shrink !!........God Bless........................

No comments: