Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Journey: another day August 15,2006

<- volunteers from N.Y.

I've came many miles on this Journey, but still have many more to travel....................................
I wish all my pictures hadn't burned up in the R.V. fire. I had alot of good ones from the days right after the hurricane. I also had a few thousand pictures on my old computer that got flooded. I even put the tower up on top of the desk, but it didn't do much good cause the desk flipped over. BOOHOO!! Well I had alot of things that meant the most in my life to me that got burnt up. Everything I'd packed and took with me when I left home on the 28th. of Aug, 2005. Oh well as much as I want to I can't bring any of it back. It all still feels like a dream. It seems too impossible for it to have happened. I still have nightmares about it all. And with the year anniversary coming up makes it even worse. I raised fancy guppies and sold them to a pet store in Slidell. I had so many pregant ones and little babies that all died in the salt water. When my trailer filled with water they all just swam out of their aquariums and then died. I had 3 aquariums. I loved all my fishes. The aquarium in my bedroom was under my bed along with one of my dressers. You know that water had to be some kind of bad to move things around like that. I couldn't open my laundry room door, or the 2nd. or 3rd. bedroom door or the other bathroom door. Stuff was moved around and jammed against the doors. Pots in my cabinets were still filled with water. The volunteers that emptied my trailer poured the water out of alot of stuff. Those volunteers were from N.Y. They were a great bunch of people. The second set of volunteers that came and gutted my trailer were Presbyterian Church youth group from Felton California. They were a great bunch of kids, they worked really hard too. And it was terribly hot. I am so grateful to them all. I hope if they do come to the reunion I'll get to see them. I hope they will come by to see me. Well I'm going to lay back down and try to get some more rest. I woke awhile ago hurting and I had a terrible nightmare. God Bless...................................... This picture was taken from outside looking into my bedroom. Thats a king size bed, and it had to float up because of my dresser with the mirror on it and my 20 gallon aquarium was underneath it.I think also one of my night stands was under it too. The mirror on my dresser never cracked. I kept my bed frame, I hope I can paint it or something to be able to use it again. It was beautiful, its called "Pineapple" on top of the 4 posters there was a big pineapple carved in the wood. I had to throw away all the rest of the set, the drawers warped and it was a big mess.........God Bless..........................................................

No comments: