Friday, September 15, 2006

My Journey: 9/15/06: 1year 17 days later...........

I guess it's why I haven't posted much lately. I've been spending all my time on the internet looking at all the Pearlington blogs, checking them out. And I've found alot of very INTERESTING stuff. And I want to share it all with the world! We need HELP here! Or am I asking too much from somebody? Anybody???????
This is a good page to look at : titled: "In tent Encampments Frustration Swells:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/14/national/nationalspecial/14tent.html
you have to sign in to N.Y. times, then the page will appear !! It's free, nothing to it !!!!
It was written in Oct. 2005 tho. Alot of things have changed since then. Like the donations pouring into this town, No , not now. Yes, we do get some stuff in the Pearlmart. <- as far as canned food & stuff like that. Alot of the stuff sent there Laurie said" is sent for the Volunteers, not the residents." At the Recovery center , Laurie told me that the building materials sent here are sent to a specfic family?? Not just anybody to get . I guess the only way to get help is you have to get adopted by someone............................God Bless................................................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like one of those, "You could never possibly understand unless you've been through it" tragedies in life. Our love and constant prayers are with you during these difficult times on your road to recovery.
Nancy

survivor said...

Thank-you Nancy. We need all the prayers we can get. God Bless