Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Journey: Another day in Pearlington 10/19/06


Well another day has come and gone. I went and got my flu shot today. This town is changing day to day. I don't know where the people are getting the $$ or the help but just around me there are 4 to 5 brand new houses being built. I'm beginning to think because I don't have a bunch of kids to get the help, or what it is. I am disabled but I guess I have to be 70 or 80 before anybody will help me because of my disabilities. Most of these people had shacks before the storm and they're the ones getting brand new houses! I just don't understand it. I guess thats just the way it is. The corp of engineer wanted me to demolish my trailer, maybe I should have. Then if I have nothing maybe somebody will help me? I just don't know. I do know I'm getting very tired and just about ready to give up on it all. It just is very depressing and it's the same stuff day after day. And there seems to be no end in sight. And the grant we're suppost to get is going to take a very long time. The people in phase 1 haven't gotten their grant yet. And I'm in phase 2. I've got some new web sites I'll be adding to my blog. I just have to go thru my notes and find them. Oh one of them is the youth group from Felton ,California. They're the ones that helped gut my trailer. A great bunch of young people! I still keep in touch with a few of them, one young lady , Bree and I became friends right away. They bought my dog a stuffed monkey toy. This is their web address: http://www.feltonpresbyterian.org/youth.htm They are suppost to be coming back on Dec.26th. I hope to see them !!! Well I'm hoping some of them that helped me before will come and I'll be able to see them ! I hope they're prepared to see my home in the same condition as when they left here after gutting it. Nothing has been done to it since then. Except I did finally get it put back on the blocks, so that is a big difference than when it was on the ground !! .........God Bless.............

No comments: