Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Journey: 10/04/06 From Va." The Amish"


It is so sad what happened at the Amish school, and everyone involved.You all are in my prayers. Lancaster is where my mom was from.I have relatives that still live in Pa. My grandmom lived in Coatesville.My cousin worked for the steel plant all his life. It was beautiful there. My grandpa and greatgrand ma lived in a real old farm house around them. He was friends with some of them too. I can remember seeing them riding all over in those horse and buggys, the horses wearing the blinders. Once in a great moon a few of the children from the farm down the road would get to come and play in the alphilfa field with us. Or we would go in the pasture and chase the cows ! And sometimes the men folk would come to my grandpa's and visit. I was young when we used to go there and visit. We lived in Va. My mom and Dad met in Pa. and married. My grandfather, worked at a Hardware store there, for years, and years. There are alot of Amish people that have already and still are coming to this area to help us all rebuild, and do what they can. They are caring and great people. I pray for God to give them the strength to make it thru this terrible situation.....................................God Bless............................................................

No comments: