Sunday, July 30, 2006

My Journey: continuing August31,2005



Looking all around and seeing all these people, we are SURVIVOR"S, not refugee's.Thats what I'd like to be called. We finally made our way on Lower Bay road to the LaFrance ,Ansley road and thats as far as you could go. We parked and we all got out. Pam, and two other's decided they were walking to see her house. I couldn't go, being disabled , with my back and legs , she knew I couldn't walk. So me and the rest stayed at the truck. Here came a man out from the road, he said they wasn't nothing there. "All gone " he said. We all cried. Pam was determined to see her place. We gave out a few bottles of water to who we could, untill we ran out. There was finally one little spot of shade, down the road a bit. So we left Will there and me and jess went to Port Bienville to their work and they gave us a 5 gallon jug of water, Yea Ha. So we all had a drink now. We'd been there for hours in the heat and sun. It had to be 102" or so in the shade. I about had a heat stroke. I was used to cool 70" inside. So were most of us! We still had to find our way to Pearlington. Soon the three of them came down the road. They were pulling a cooler, carrying things. But a bunch of nothing. Because there wasn't nothing. They had to get on the railroad tracks. It was bad. They were exhausted and covered in mud, hot and thirsty. It was really sad. I was shivvering inside. I want to cry now just thinking about it. ...........We got ourselves together and drove towards Pearlington. The first turn we made we had to turn around. The trees were like a barracade in one section on 7th st. they were intertwined like you wouldnt believe. A Fortress............................... So we twisted and twisted our way and as close as we could get was by the little canal by the chicken lady's house.You know there on Whites rd. before Randall's house. In fact we got out and walked up the hill right there, there were so many trees and stuff in the road. There was Pig's ,Big and little ones, running around. There was a horse. All kinds of dead fish in the ditches. Salt water fish. Everywhere you walked was slipperly with mud, stinkin smelly mud. I had a pair of sandals on. GEE... We walked and finally when we got to my street, we had to walk threw a man's yard that had dead dogs everywhere. It was the grosses thing I've ever seen. It was pitiful, I cried. They were all hooked on 6ft. chains. ......................taking a break, will continue next time..... The picture: this was as close as we could get to my house, really a bit before this house..................God Bless.....................................................................................

No comments: